electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung 55" tv won't power up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reynolds1971

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Samsung 55" tv won't power up Reply with quote

I recently aquired a 55" Samsung model # PCK5315R. Here is what I know:

The person I got it from said he was watching tv one night and he turned it off, the next morning when he tried to turn it on it would not do anything.

I picked it up and once I got it home, I plugged it in, and it worked fine the picture was perfect, no obvious issues, we watched it for a good 6 hours or so.

Just to see, I left it off all night, it was plugged in though. I tried turning it on the next morning and it would not turn on.

I opened it up and I can here 2 relays clicking when I plug it in. When pressing the power button or remote, I get nothing. I checked all of the obvious connections and everything looks like it is connected ok.

What do you think could be the problem with this set?
Is the clicking I'm hearing the tubes coming on?

It seems like I heard more clicks when I initially turned it on when it worked.

Power Supply maybe?

I am an electronics tech for a living but know little about tv's, I am aware of some of the dangers. Feel free to speak the electronics terms as I can understand it. I feel with a little guidance I can fix it and get some use out of it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия