electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TOSHIBA - STUCK IN STANDBY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carcus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to add at this stage resoldering of the memory chip on this module is very difficult even with expensive professional equipment ...

the memory chip tends to bow up slightly either end when heated during soldering process and therefore making it difficult to achive good contact that lasts ... although i have made succesful re-flow jobs of this using an Infra-Red SMD Soldring Station you also have to have the chip weighted at either end normaly to achieve a good long lasting result or otherwise it is possible that it will fail again a few months later .... so i would genrally recomend replacement with the new type module which so far has not suffered these issues .....

so take the teletext module out and run the set for week without it and if all is ok without in get a new one.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: not that fault Reply with quote

hi i tried that but not fixed it, sometimes if i keep turning tv on and of and on and off it will come on, once its on its great but if you turn it off again you have to keep hoping it will come back on and usualy it takes a lot of on off's?
I hear two relay's click on when i turn it on and off again when i turn it off. sometimes i hear a slight crackle. when it comes on it great picture so i dont want to scrap it.

Any idea's?
davidp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: toshiba 42 wh 18b no picture Reply with quote

picture teletext board pdo267 from caracus can not find it on my42wh18b is this for another tv where is it located on 42wh18b i had same problem as guest 12 dec 07 now the on off button lights up but nothing at all happens no clicks buzzs nothing last night it switched its self on off three times in 2hours now nothing .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: not that fault Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
hi i tried that but not fixed it, sometimes if i keep turning tv on and of and on and off it will come on, once its on its great but if you turn it off again you have to keep hoping it will come back on and usualy it takes a lot of on off's?
I hear two relay's click on when i turn it on and off again when i turn it off. sometimes i hear a slight crackle. when it comes on it great picture so i dont want to scrap it.

Any idea's?

Try to change all Elco's in the Powersupply

(sorry for my bad english, i'm german)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия