electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
VDO Dayton Sat Nav with an attitude!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonkem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: VDO Dayton Sat Nav with an attitude! Reply with quote

Hi,
fingers crossed that there is an expert somewhere out there.

I have a VDO Dayton MS4200 Sat Nav which is an excellent machine generally. However it has a very annoying problem in that is I try to activate a previous destination it just returns the message "address not on disc".
The address appears for me to select it but once I try to select, it gives me the message.
This means that any address has to be entered each time I need it.

Many thanks in advance
Jon
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that your constant+12V is present. If this is a new problem;(used to work ok?) and going over the Instruction Manual has no effect, perhaps it may be a problem with internal memory read/write?
You have a much better chance in getting an answer by checking with VDO service agent.
jonkem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a new problem it has been going on since I bought it. Definitely not a permanent 12v supply issue, "saved addresses" such as "home" or "office" are fine, just "last address" (when the machine should remember the last 10 destinations) has the problem.

I'll try VDO, maybe there is a firmware update available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия