electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Older 50" Toshiba Cinema series HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stokstad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Older 50" Toshiba Cinema series HD Reply with quote

I have an older toshiba rear projection TV. My problem I think is kind of strange. My problem is that it works only with HD signals. If I have it on a standard definition signal it works but the picture is scrambled and hard to see. Sometimes it works with only a few squiggley lines at the top of the screen. HD tv and movies both work perfectly fine. I have tried both HD1 and HD2 inputs and they both act the same. The upconversion on my reciever doesnt seem to help at all.

Please help dont want to be taken to the cleaners by a tv repair man.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Older 50" Toshiba Cinema series HD Reply with quote

stokstad wrote:
I have an older toshiba rear projection TV. My problem I think is kind of strange. My problem is that it works only with HD signals. If I have it on a standard definition signal it works but the picture is scrambled and hard to see. Sometimes it works with only a few squiggley lines at the top of the screen. HD tv and movies both work perfectly fine. I have tried both HD1 and HD2 inputs and they both act the same. The upconversion on my reciever doesnt seem to help at all.

Please help dont want to be taken to the cleaners by a tv repair man.

Are you on tuner? Are you on video 1? What's the model? If I were to bet say a 50HX83?

Last edited by minnie on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Model is actually a 50HX81. I orginally had my DVR Cable box hooked to my reciever and from my reciever to the Component connection HD1 I belive on the TV. I use the TV like a monitor I dont use the tuner at all on the TV. I orginally thought I had a problem with my reciever but after I hooked my Xbox 360 directly to the tv and had the same problem I now know its the tv. I am just so confused as to why HD tv and movies work fine but standard definition does not. Please help lol.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyper board. 10uf @ 16vdc caps are bad. Silver can, MPUV14 or 15. Replace w/10uf@25vdc. 11 caps total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ok im not and electronic engineer I'm just a dumb mechanic. I understand that I have bad capacitors/hyperboard. So is this an easy fix? I just solder new capacitors on it? can i just replace the board? Please explain in laymans terms. If this isnt somewhat easy how much should i expect to pay someone to do it?

Thank you in advance
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZ01 #23786198 $198. Toshiba has them. Look for the metal can and let me know if it's a 14 or 15. I was a dumb mechanic for 14 years!!!! 6'2 and hoists don't get along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия