electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-35V45 Picture flashes on and off, greenish.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheebster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Sony KV-35V45 Picture flashes on and off, greenish. Reply with quote

Hi. I've been trying to repair this model for a few hours now. I've read a few of the posts about this issue here, but i'm still unable to figure this out.

I see there's a dead short between 2 pins of the Q502 HOT E and B pins. Is that normal ? Out of the circuit the hot checks ok ? I don't understand. I'm not familiar at all with tv repairs, just trying. If i check the hot transformer T501 pins 4 and 6 same short is there ? If anyone remembers this set and could help.♦

I've redid a lot of soldering on the board on sections that looked like they're overheating, without any success. If anyone could help i would appreciate it !!!

Thanks, Vincent.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally replace Q502, Q601, Q602, R607, Solder up horizontal drive transformer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Minnie ! Do you think the tube is shot ? The picture has a kind of pink tint if i plug in a source. On the tuner i see the usual snow, but it has a bit of pink tint in it also. I've done the T501 horz xfr soldering already, and all the diodes you've said. They really need to be replaced ?

I've just tested those parts and they test OK. I've reheated the horizontal t501 all the pins but do i need to scrape the traces and bridge or just reheat is ok ? Do you have msn ? I'd really like to chat for a few if you ever have time. Thanks, Vincent.♦
Frank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suspect the Tube .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... would those CRT tube rejuvenators work on it ? I see B&K and sencore ones that i could get for cheap on ebay. Frank, do you have any ideas how i could be 100% sure it's the tube ? Thanks.♦
cheebster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Whoa ! Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the replies. I got it to work again !! Picture is stable now. I tapped on the CRT glass part with a screwdriver's handle and image came back stable. It works for 10 minutes now. What is it exactly ? A broken wire or short in there ? Picture is still a bit pinkish but works fine. Thanks ! Vincent.
cheebster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um.. Ok. After a few tests, it seems that the brightness affects the tv's behavior ? If i crank it up at the max, tv restarts to flicker. If i put it to the lower setting it looks more stable ? Is there anything i could do to fix the current state of the tv ? Thanks !

Oh, here's a picture of the tv display right now, it's greenish and i've enabled the PIP to show the pink tint of anything that should be white. Thanks ! Vincent.

here's the pic : http : // hidebehind.com / B34767
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
I would suspect the Tube .

Ditto.
Set the screen so the picture isn't blurry and you see retrace lines.
cheebster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. So it's the tube.

Would a B&K Precision CRT tube regenerator work on my unit ?

I've got 2 of those units now i've found today. Some retired tv repair man gave them to me today, model 445 and 467. I'm just missing the CR-XA or CR-23 adapter to fit on the tube to rejuvenate it.

Minnie, or Frank or anyone got a clue if it would bring it back to life ? Thanks, Vincent.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't hurt to try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия