electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
How can i check the lens of a dvd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mloo55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: How can i check the lens of a dvd Reply with quote

The problem with this dvd is that not read the disc. The sequence that happens in this way.
1.- when i select open i put the disc then i close, all normal.
2.- When the disc is located it start to spin for about 30 seg.
3.- Then it stops and no respond to any button except open/close.
4.- I checked the motors and apparently are good, I powered one by one and all works fine.
5.- According to it I believe the problem is the optical lens.
What do you think? please help me.
It is MIray model dva-060
rgds
mloo55
Troo Teller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Laser power low Reply with quote

Hi young fella- yes you are probably correct about the laser- they don,t last long!. Sometimes cleaning the lens with a cotton bud will help- there are meters available to measure laser output power- expensive- I don,t have!. Generally, remove magnetic disc cover to expose lens, then open close- stand about 45' away from lens- if good will do an up/dn dance - a visible red beam will shine- the disc will spin- if none of above can be power supply fault, disc motor fault, logic board fault, or even fractured ribbon connector- there are a couple of vr on laser pcb- mark & try vary - usually no good- as I have said before, these laser assemblies & the package are some of the most unreliable electronic thingo,s ever foisted on a gullible public!. B/R, Troo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия