electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA HD61LPW42..HELP Pic goes to black then comes back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathyjourdan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: RCA HD61LPW42..HELP Pic goes to black then comes back Reply with quote

Can someone please help me. My tv is 3 years old. All of a sudden, the picture will begin having bright white flashes in the background of the picture...then the picture goes to black and the fan powers down (light on the front of tv flashes a few times). There is still sound and if you just wait about 45 seconds or so, the fan comes back up and so does the picture. No other issues. I called RCA and the rep said it sounded like a power problem. I had the power company come check and my incoming power is fine. When I first turn on the tv in the morning, it is fine for a couple of hours...then it starts. Once starting it continues about every 30 minutes doing this. If I turn the tv off for a few minutes and then back on....it'll take an hour before it does it again.
I've been dealing with this for a couple of weeks and it is getting worse. Does anyone think if I get a new power supply and put it in that this will fix the problem? And...is it difficult to replace?
Thanks for any help! Cathy
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy, think about it. It's a DLP, 3 years old. I'd take you into the service mode to get the error codes but, notice your picture isn't as bright any more? Set shuts down, then you can restart it, picture on then off then on.
Replace the lamp and you'll be fine. Part #260962. Now listen and listen real good. That lamp will run you over $500. Get a samsung lamp BP96-00823A. They sell for about $180. It's the same bulb! Take the bulb out of the samsung and relamp your cartridge! I do it every day. Just keep this in mind that the oil on your fingers will pop the lamp. Be careful. This is a safe bet to fix your set.
cathyjourdan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Lamp Reply with quote

Thanks for responding. I just replaced the bulb like six months ago...the picture is actually nice and bright when its on. What happens is that the picture starts flashing bright white and then the fan goes off and pic goes black...but I still hear the sound....we watch the black screen for about 45 seconds to a minute then the fan comes back on and the picture comes back on and looks perfect.....soes that still sound like the bulb to you? Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure has the tell tale sign's of a bad lamp to me.
cathyjourdan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Thank you...can you take me through the service mode? Reply with quote

Hi again,

Can you take me through the service mode or direct me somewhere to do it before I order a new bulb? Just to make sure nothing else pops up. I have a power supply on order but its back order and I can cancel it. Again, I thank you so much for your help.

Cathy
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy, I'm known to be wrong. Very rarely. When in question, call a service provider.
cathyjourdan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: RCA HD61LPW42..HELP Pic goes to black then comes back Reply with quote

Thank you!
cathyjourdan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Not the bulb Reply with quote

Hi, okay, I found out bulb was still under warranty from ebay store I bought it from...he sent me a new one and I replaced it....still the same problem....any ideas?????? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия