electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
KD-G430 SRC button issue! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stamp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: KD-G430 SRC button issue! Help! Reply with quote

Greetings all!

Yes, i realize that this is my first post, and that i am asking a question, but i've gone through enough of this junk that i'm willing to sac my internet pride to get some help!

I purchased a JVC KD-G430 from best buy, only to find that it was physically damaged when i took it home. They refused to replace it, and my warranty is now void because there was no way for them to know whether it was me or not. I didn't want to make a big deal of it (i fought heartily, but even the store manager was not on my side), so i just took it home and fixed the physical damage. They said that i attempted to pry open the player. No clue why ANYONE would attempt that, but it's Best Buy. After opening the sucker, i found that the CD carriage had been offset, with one of the rubber nipple rods hooked onto the casing (No idea what the proper terms are... just applying practical knowledge here). So, after moving it back, I installed it myself with a friend (Best Buy refused to install it for me). We looked up the service manuals for my car (2007 yaris) and the installation manual for the Stereo. Everything seemed to match up nicely (except for the orange cable... that one was iffy), so we continued. Upon first startup, it worked! Only thing though: The back light doesn't light, and the "Source" button doesn't work, neither on the faceplate nor the remote. I don't think that there is a contact issue (read: remote SRC doesn't work either), but maybe a software restriction. The CD player doesn't work, it simply takes it in, and spits it back out (Getting back to the radio is daunting without that SRC button functional BTW). Anywho, I was wondering if anyone here knows these symptoms, and if there is a way to fix it. Did i miss a connection? Would fixing the CD player (probably a refitting would fix it) carry over to the functioning SRC button? Or could it be in some form of protect mode? Is there a service mode setting i need to do because of the install/repairing? I don't care at all about the CD player, i bought the stereo specifically for the AUX input. And it doesnt work. I am not very happy, but am willing to sac my stereo for the good of science! Suggestions? Questions? I'll be here often! (I'll be back online here tonight... in a few hours)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия