electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
train123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Viewsonic tv32 power supply Reply with quote

Jamesunshine wrote:
Hi everyone i was wondering if somebody can help me fix my viewsonic tv power supply FSP228 - 3F01 i change all the bad capacitors already and all i need to change is Q7 but i dont know thats the part number and the name of the parts please help.thanks

Q7 is a transistor MMBT4401 or you can also use a common 2N4401 and carefully bend the legs so that the pinout is the same.
CptHowdy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: @ N3251W Did-Assembly Reply with quote

Tip to others. . . when disassembling my 3251 i noticed i had to remove the stand prior to separating the back panel. . . . and in order to do this effectively, I hat to drill in the centers of the bolts holding the stand on and using an "EZ Out" set from the nearest auto parts store. . . . then either replace those bolts with flat head style or use a cutting disk and cut a notch in existing bolt heads just big enough to fit a flat screwdriver.
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised they would let it leave the factory with defective bolts like that. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

train123 wrote:
I've fixed dozens of these power supplies.

Train, do you know what the pinout for the power supply board is? My TV came on, worked for about 5 minutes and then I lost the picture. I can still see the backlight on, but no picture. I checked the caps and none are bulged like a bad cap. Thanks for any help you can provide.

God Bless,
Glenn
train123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: To Glenn Reply with quote

Sorry, its been awhile since I've had a chance to check on this site.
If the set turns off and on, likely +5 volt is okay.
If the backlight turns on, likely +24 volts is okay as well.
If the set turns on, the sound is there, the screen comes on, but the only thing showing is a blank white or grey screen, it sounds more like your T-con board is acting up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Train, Thanks for the reply, I bought this TV from a garage sale, the lady said it didn't work. I brought it home, plugged it in and it came on first try. But it only played for about 20-30 minutes and then the screen went blank. The sound stayed on, and you can see the backlight is still on, but no picture. Does that sound like the Tcon board? and if so, where is it and can it be repaired?

God Bless,
Glenn
train123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repairing the Tcon board is not likely cost effective. Take the TV apart to find out what the part number is for the Tcon (located at the center/top of the set. It is a bit of work to get to it but reading the part number right off the board is critical to getting the correct replacement. Google or check Ebay for the part and you'll likely find a cheap used replacement part.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Train, it took me a while to understand what you meant, I ordered and replaced the Tcon board, and still the same, any other suggestions? Is it feasible to replace the main board? Or should I say Cost effective.

Thanks & God Bless,
Glenn

train123 wrote:
Repairing the Tcon board is not likely cost effective. Take the TV apart to find out what the part number is for the Tcon (located at the center/top of the set. It is a bit of work to get to it but reading the part number right off the board is critical to getting the correct replacement. Google or check Ebay for the part and you'll likely find a cheap used replacement part.
train123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much a guessing game now as to what else might be wrong. I'm not sure what the value is of the TV where you live but a working one of those here is worth less than $100. It's your choice but it might be better just to put the money towards a new one or at least a working one. You might also get lucky and find another one cheap for parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия