electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem with Mitsubishi VS-45603 Proj. TV, Blue Screen only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fregac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Problem with Mitsubishi VS-45603 Proj. TV, Blue Screen only Reply with quote

I've been working on a Mitsubishi VS-45603 projection TV I got in a few days ago, and its driving me nuts. I can't seem to find the service manual/schematics for it, so I'm kind of working in the dark.

When I first checked it out, it wouldn't power on at all. Looked inside, found that it'd suffered from the infamous coolant drip problem . . . . both on the power board (left) AND signal/control board (middle). I throughly cleaned both boards with lacquer thinner. The liquid on the power board had caused a fuse to blow, but nothing serious. Replaced the fuse, and the set powered up nicely.

Now, however, all I can get out of it is a blue screen. The green and red tubes both power up, but then the red shuts off immediately and the green fades to nothing within about 15 seconds of the set being turned on. If I hit the menu button within those 15 seconds it will display in white, but then disappear almost immediately.

The filament heaters on all three tubes are on, and since they power up briefly I'm ruling out HV/drive problems. Anybody have any suggestions, or better yet a service manual for this chassis (Mitsubishi VZ5) ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия