electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer VSX - D912 component port issues & refuses to re

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tehcheat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Pioneer VSX - D912 component port issues & refuses to re Reply with quote

I have a pioneer VSX 912 receiver that I am attempting to use to route an AppleTV and hi-def cable to my pioneer SD-533HD5 TV. I also have a DVD player, so thats 3 HD sources that i need to connect to 2 HD inputs on the TV (all component video connections).

The issue is that regardless of which source I connect to the VSX-D912's TV/SAT component video in connection, when i switch to TV/SAT the video appears on the TV for a split second, and then goes dark. The second component in connection on the receiver (DVD/LD) works perfectly.

I suspect a factory reset will solve the problem, but the machine refuses to reset. I've tried holding down "Tone" and pressing the "power/standby" button for 3 seconds, as the manuel tells me to: no luck. I've also tried holding down "Advanced Surround" and "Enter", again no luck. I've tried all of this with the unit both on and off, and yes i'm using the buttons on the front panel, not the remote.

Any ideas? or do i need to take this thing to a repair shop?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия