electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung LCD Monitor 943BX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irobot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Samsung LCD Monitor 943BX Reply with quote

Hi All

I have a Samsung 943BX - need to get the case apart.

Anyone know the location of the tabs or any other hints?
Again, another situation where manufacturer refuses to use screws.

Thanks much.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thin flat flexible "putty knife" and patience works well (in most cases) for me.
irobot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Samsung (Sung what?!) 943BX Reply with quote

Thanks jts1957 for the reply. I did get it open earlier, just after my first post. It's just like the Dell's and all the rest. Patience is the key.

By the way - Here's a tip - I use one of the skinny flat 6" steel rulers with tape over the insertion end to protect the plastic. It works pretty well.

Anyhow, what I have is screen comes on briefly, then fades very rapidly until screen is blank. All voltages on PS remain up and steady, (3.3V, 5V, 15V).

Obviously a problem with the inverter.

HV transformer windings are both about 1000 ohms. Diodes all look good.

Any ideas? Havn't used the scope yet to check the osc. Any known common faults with these Sammies?

Thanks.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dell makes [some] Samsung's (OR Samsung makes [some] Dell's)? Anyway its been my observation that one is in cahoots with the other. Smile
I'm assuming no "puffed lytics" in the power supply or inverter?
If inverter is the only problem, by shining a flashlight at various angles, you should still see whatever was on the screen before it blanked (or don't input anything and will usually display a test/pattern).
The voltages you mentioned must be presented to the inverter for it to run (B-Plus for outputs and rest of inverter circuitry, and a turn-on signal). Holding a scope probe above each transformer winding should show a "sinewave" (at least for the period the screen is on). Also inverters are "balanced" so that if some component/value is off for one portion, the circuit will detect that and shut down.
Test each backlight bulb by plugging in each one (by itself) at a time.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dell doesn't manufacture anything itself. Some if it's monitors are Sony or Samsung and it's printers are Lexmark, Samsung, Xerox or Fuji. With the model and or the chassis number you can usually find out who actually made a product.

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
irobot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung 943bx Reply with quote

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.

I did find a puffy electrolytic in the inverter. Replaced it and much to my surprise, still same problem.

If I keep cycling this thing on and off it eventually comes up and stays on and works good.

Obviously a thermal issue. Will try some cold spray.

I have many years (20+) at component level repair, but my knowledge is not up to par on these LCD monitors.
livewire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Computer and office equipment repairs Reply with quote

You have to really see for yourself with a thin knife like object and loads of patience because the makings differ but basically it is just the same system of monitors that are widely available everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия