electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 42pf9966/98 plasma Won't turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catmandhu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Philips 42pf9966/98 plasma Won't turn on Reply with quote

When I push power button on side of TV (remote isn't doing anything), I hear a click as it tries to turn on. I can see the screen try to come on with a light glow on the screen itself but it almost immediatly fades out slowly. Same with the blue backlights behind the "power" "menu" etc buttons on the side of the TV.

Every once in a while, the TV (and ambilights) will actually come on but most often, the TV just tries and then fades off. At the beginning of the symptoms (a few days ago), after I tried to turn the TV on, the red and blue lights on the front of the TV would alternate back and forth each time I could hear the click. As if the TV was trying repeatedly to come on.
This all just started one morning, the night before all was fine.

Strangely, the TV did the same thing about a year ago for 2 days (TV is about 1.5 yrs old) then was fine until now it started doing it again. After a week now it's out for good. In fact, I don't even hear a click anymore. I push the power button and the little blue lights behind the buttons come on, then fade off. Nothing else.

Seems to me it's the power suppply modulator (PSB, or something along those lines) that's gone bad. If a fuse, that would be nice but symptoms don't indicate a fuse as a fuse burnout is usually an on/off symptom.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't live in the US now and am nowhere near a service shop/person. I want to be able to handle this myself if at all possible. Will be back in US soon and can pick up part if necessary.

Thanks for any help.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem with this tv. I bought it approx. 2 years ago. Just after I bought it it sometimes started flippering on and off showing alternating the red and blue light. The screen was dark. The relais was constantly clicking. Pulling out the power plug and waiting for a minute solved the problem after a couple of times. I opened a call with Philips and they asked me to try all kinds of things, but when I wanted to call them again with the results they had closed the call and asked me to describe the problems all over again so finally I gave up. After that the tv worked ok untill a couple of days ago the problem started alle over again and much more severe it seems.

Another thing this tv does from the start it that it switches from : "off" to "stand by" during the night. In the evening all lamps are out and in the morning (every morning) the red lamp is on. A year ago we moved to anothe house and the tv still does exactly the same. So it doesn't seem to be interference from other equipment in the neighbourhood.

Did you solve your problem since January?
tv.service

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be a s/c at one of the secondary card that is plugged to power supply. You can unplug all card from power supply and se what happen. If you have correct voltages on each contact there must be a short circuit on some of the secondary card that is plugged to this.
Mario_dvi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Standby Reply with quote

I live in Holland and I see this problem very often on the internet with this TV. I've the samen problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия