electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
mitsubishi ws-48513 flashing green light by power button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeaksa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi ws-48513 flashing green light by power button Reply with quote

Friend of mine has a three year old mitsubishi ws-48513 television that was working fine until a few days ago. Its plugged into a power strip and there have not been any other problems until it refused to come on recently.

The owners manual says to hit the reset button, which we both have tried and no luck. The flashing green light goes out as long as you hit the reset button but starts flashing once released. Manual also says that it cound be in "low power mode" and to switch it to normal power mode, but then we cannot find how to do this in the book. Course with the set not powering up cannot do anything anyway and there are no switches or reset's on the back.

Any suggestions on what to do from here? She is unemployed and not doing the best with funds, otherwise would just call a repairman. I am an old ham radio guy and have built far too many Heathkits, so she called me to look at it.

TIA,

Joe
smackman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Try this Reply with quote

Unplug the TV from the power strip for approx. 1 minute then plug it into the wall socket instead of power strip. When you plug it back up the green blinking light will blink then go off. See if you can turn TV on after this. The green light can mean many things but it could be your power strip is suppllying low voltage to your TV. Its a easy try anyway.
Onkyo 790 AVR hooked up 5.1
Philips 5982 DVD player
Samsung P-401 DVD player
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green blinking light means the DM is not responding the way it should. There are 4 blue 1000uF 16V caps on the DM that the tops mushroom out on. First thing to do is replace these caps with 1000uf @ at least 25vdc to prevent this from happening again. If all else fails, you need to replace the DM board.

This is a link from another forum,

http://img19.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img19/8374/11846182716ow.smil

If your an old hammer, replacing caps should be a breeze. Less than $5 in parts. I'm still on vacation, checking in from time to time. If you need, PM me.
joeaksa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smackman,

Tried that several times and no luck.

Minnie,

Thanks very much and really appreciate the pictures!

Will report back on what I find. Is this a typical problem area on this television set?

Thx,

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. This should fix it. I'd say 80% chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия