electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA Ctc185a7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: RCA Ctc185a7 Reply with quote

I have here a chassis ctc 185 that has no sound good pic ,checked volts at ic 902 and it's ok, i'm sure it 's also a corrupted eeprom because i had to rework on the tuner grounds, i have info on the chassis ctc 175 that says to wick p1n 29 and connect a low ohm resistor to ground, i wonder,if someone has this ctc185a7, 19gt240 and what pin# that i should wick to make the sound to come out of mute.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you unplug it, and plug it back in???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minnie i did that.
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Did you unplug it, and plug it back in???

Minnie I have here a tip for the chassis ctc 175-76-77-87 about the eeprom no audio ,since they say when it come up to a no sound situation on the ctc 185 chassis to fallow the ctc175-76-77-87 the same troubeshoot technics,
the tip is,.With the AC desconnected from the chassis, wick out pin 8 of the eeprom,use a pick to short the pin to the Pad to temporarily apply B+ to the eeprom. Plug the tv in and turn it on, and then remove the pick to allow pin 8 to float free of the Pad.Use the menu function to sellect the speaker on/off feature and turn the speakers back on. Finally unplug the tv and resolder the pin.

Ok there are some stuff i don't understand for exemple. Use a PICK is this same as a tool? also to the PAD what in electronic terms is PAD ?in the end it says resoder the pin, any help in understanding this points is wellcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия