electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Astratec freeview box fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Astratec freeview box fault Reply with quote

i have a 14month old astratec TOPD2 freeview box, my son uses it in his bedroom,, due to redecorating we havnt used the box for 3 months, now when i plug it in the red light comes on flashes three times then stays on, when i use the remote to turn it on it wont turn on ,, i replaced the batteries in the remote and checked the remote is sending ok but still it wont turn on.
i read that you press ON button with 0 to turn off parental lock but still doesnt work,, does anybody know why it wont turn on or is there anything i can do to find the fault,, astratec went bankrupt earlier this year so they cant help,, any help appreciated,,
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could ESR the caps in the power supply, or there are some for sale @ebay UK. These 'freeview' boxes are basically throw aways. Your best bet to getting it fixed would be a dss forum. Look in the FTA section.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the power supply is just a plugin type, 5v dc output,, and 5v is getting to unit ok,, what is a DSS forum,, and FTA, not familiar with these abbreviations, is there any websites you can point me to,,

cheers

alex
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a free to air/FTA receiver. Just type in DSS forums and search. I don't want to take this forum in this direction.
http://forums.dsstester.com/vbb/
Start there.
guest123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Im having the same problem, been on that forum but havnt found that link or topic?
Can you either give me a link or tell me how to fix the problem (having exactly the same issue here)
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: same again Reply with quote

Same problem here too! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .The boxs I think are just cheap and tacky.I have had loads of problems with my box I think I shoild just chuk it out!
zosimosthompson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem for my freeview HD set top box but it is not working form few days. I need to concern my service provider because it is not responding to any solution. The company has send its service provider and he said that it will not work and he had changed set top box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия