electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 41GR8840 : Convergence problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Philips 41GR8840 : Convergence problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a Philips 41GR8840 with general convergence failure. All colors are distroded on horizontal lines and I can't fix it because I don't have the potentiometers' fonction (there are around 40 of them).

Is there someone which know the procedure to make convergence of this TVC or the fonction of each potentiometers:

For red and blue colors, I have for each those potentiometers :

vskey, hskey, vamp, hrot, n/s, e/w, vpar, vlin, vkey, vrot, hlin, hpar, hkey, hamp, h3

For green, I only have N/S, VPAR, VLIN, VKEY and VROT so I can't set the horizontal linearity.

Regards, Jerome
torbjorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the tv suddenly got a convergence problem, then there is a "real" fault that should be repaired before you try to make any adjustments. But in case the convergence has become gradually worse during several years, or after transporting the tv, then you can try adjusting first.

Refer to the service manual of the tv chassis, there all adjustment details will be found. The chassis is apparently G110PTV, and that service manual is available for download at this site (eserviceinfo.com).

As there are fewer adjustments for green than for the other colors, you should first switch the other colors off, adjust the green raster for correct picture geometry using a test card or pattern generator, then switch one after another of the other colors on and adjust their geometry to converge with the green raster.
Usually, a cross-hatch or dot pattern is best for making convergence adjustments.
VirusCrazy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for reply.

I've exchanged all the capacitors on the convergence boards and it seems to be better.

I've also already downloaded the service manual but the problem is that there is only schematics, no real procedure for convergence adjustment like in the philips DPTV325 chassis.

Anyway, I will try to adjust with the new capacitors replaced (I've trie to change the convergence before exchanging them but I did wrote their initial positions before tuning them so it should be easier to redo the convergence now.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия