electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips Projection TV 43PP8420 settings

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prabadisha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Philips Projection TV 43PP8420 settings Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the Philips projection the model 43PP8420, and there was a problem where I got a beep from the power supply area when I turned on my TV and got no picture. And I got to know that the problem is with two STK convergence IC's which should be replaced.
I called in a repair man and first he argued that it is not something to do with the STK IC's, but ended up disconnecting the two STK's where finaly picture appeared, and the beep vanished, but the picure was not balanced and convergence wasnt correct. Then this fellow started turning the Screen/Focus RGB controls on the back of the TV, as well as the two rings of each projector, so everything went heywire.
Yesterday I called in another guy and got the two IC's replaced, and everything was fine except the picture focusing, color balance and convergence. I have 2 questions here.
1. There are 2 curved lines (green and blue), which appears in the screen statically, are these screen burns which resulted from the adjustments of that inexperienced repairman? Can projection tv screen burns occur within few hours if focusing or something is incorrect?

2. Is there any possibility of adjusting everything so that I get a clear picture? I know screen burns cannot be reversed, what I'm talking about is the picture.

As I'm living in Sri Lanka, getting technical help for projection TV's quite difficult, so your help is very much appriciated.
/PJAY
RFTECH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Projection TV Repairs Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Prabadisa,

Hello there !

You have invested money in a highly advanced electronic pc of equipment.
Why call some so call TV repairman down the road ?
These days not to speak of Projection Tv's, even table top Tv's eg. Sony. Toshiba etc are now all using Processors control stuf.

Therfore these so called Repairman can no longer do competent repairs without factory traning and I mean contant New products traning !

Why you did not send it back to the "Philips repair Centre" where you will get well Train Technicians/Engineers to do the job correctly, using all the required TEST Instruments to do all the Tuning and Alignment needed.

Its not easy to do anything yourself especialy if you are not an Electronics Engineer or Technican yourself.

Belief me I have been a Service Engineer in the AV/TV industries for more than 25 years.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invest in a service manual. You’re probably going to have to get the over lay and readjust the green, red, and blue convergence. You have to get into the service mode to do so. It’s not fun and takes a lot of time.
mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the 2 rings your talking about are at the base of each crt?
as in, above where the circuit board plugs into each?

if this is the case, aside from the convergence circuit being defunct, and someone that did not
know what they were doing, doing what they should not ahve to start..
sound like you need a complete realignment from geometry on...

basically crt setup, disable the convergence to get the centering, focus, ect done then
turning the convergence back on, slapping an overlay on there and wear out your thumb (converging it..)

you can do it without a template but it will never look right... unless you knoew the dimensions of the template and replicated it by taping string on the front of the set (have had to do it on a sony, that doesnt have a template and had catastrophic convergence loss)

so, it is possible.
BTW, make sure they put the RIGHT stk's in...
some use 392-110's and some use 392-120's!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия