electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Lamp failure Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gkroeger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Lamp failure Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA Reply with quote

Has anyone else had this problem with a Samsung HLP5063W TV set? A few months ago the 3 year old set began to shut itself down. After waiting awhile the set could be restarted OK. This happened from a few hours to a few days. I replaced the lamp at that time and it did not fix the problem. I then replaced the ballast and the set came on briefly and when out for good. When trying to turn the set on it does the beep beep, the lamp led flashed 32 times, the set beep beeps again and the lamp led flashes 32 times again. This repeats once more (total of three times) then all three front panel lamps (lamp, timer, stand-by/temp) flash. The main lamp never comes on.

I have also replaced the power PCB to no avail.

I have obtained the service and training manual for this set and followed the trouble shooting charts and checked all voltages. Everything seems normal except the set will not come on. The trouble chart for the lamp failure says to replace the lamp or ballast, however, both have been replaced. The trouble shooting chart indicates that if the voltage to the ballast is 260 to 280 volts (which it is) and the lamp enable lead from the DMD board is at 5V p/p at 90 hertz (which) it is, replace the lamp or ballast (which had been done). ????

Any suggestions or comments?

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the light engine. Or have the light engine replaced. There's a spot on the form to return to Samsung that a intermittent shut down is indeed the LE. "Reason to return, intermittent shut down."
gkroeger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the light engine comprised of a lot of components such as the color wheel, lamp, DMD, Lens, etc. ? Why would you replace the entire light engine? Not sure what that would cost, but I would probably be better off to junk it and buy a new tv. I don't even see a part "light engine".

The tv is no longer intermittent, it is OUT. Lamp will not start at all. There still appears to be something weird with the ballasts. I reinstalled the old ballast and measured the output voltage to the lamp and it is zero. I reinstalled the new ballast and measured the output voltage to the lamp and it is 87V for approximately 5 seconds and then drops to 7V. There is obviously something different about the two ballasts. Also I notice on the schematic that there are two different circuits one for a Philips ballast and one for a Tho/Osr.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The required voltage at first to fire the lamp needs to be over 300 volts. One ballast is dead the other is not outputting the correct voltage. Light engine part #BP96-00564B. I'd put another ballast in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия