electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
panasonic tv having problems. please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loungingfool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: panasonic tv having problems. please help Reply with quote

my tv all of a sudden started doing this. its a panasonic pt51g44a.i just got this tv off a friend, its a 2000 model i beleive. the brightness has to be turned all the way up to even see it, then when the tv shows a light picture its got this bow on the top and looks like a web. the picture also gets jittery at times. can anyone point me in the right direction about whats wrong with it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is a pic of the problem:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/soobieWRX06/PA160158.jpg

Last edited by loungingfool on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Messie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: panasonic tv Reply with quote

May I respectfully suggest that your tv needs professional attention(there is nothing you can do as an greenhorn)- find a bloke or guy or man that can fix this for you( I wish there was a magic wand to wave). Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was hoping it would be something that could be easily fixed Rolling Eyes i got the tv from a friend just recently, and its kinda a kick in the butt that its broken already.....i wasnt really looking at putting more money to it. does anyone know a ball park range in which it could cost to fix this thing?
messie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: wanting cost when exact fault undiagnosed!. Reply with quote

dear friend, may I suggest that you contact several practitioners of the art of tv repair to get an idea of the repair cost?.
1source

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bow is coming from your ic chips that regulate your convergence. They start with part #s stk392-???. The ??? could be from 040 to 120 range. Replace these first and see what you got from there. They are mounted on large heat sinks standing upright, probably the biggest "chips" on the board.
loungingfool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much, i will give that a shot and see what happens. if anyone else could chime in that would be great too....thanks again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия