electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Apex GT2015 TV mysterious problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purrerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Apex GT2015 TV mysterious problem Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have had this television (Apex GT2015) for a year or so now but for the past 6 months it has been in storage at my relatives house I just recently went and picked it up and there seems to have been some damage since I last saw it the casing on the front top had been cracked and the RF/cable input had been torn off not the full little metal box that houses it all just the actual female piece that should be sticking out of that little box that you screw the cable into is completely gone.

Of course I didn't even know of these problems until I got it all the way home (couple states away) now the RF I can deal with it has plenty of A/V inputs but when I hooked it up it was too dark and the brightness was sat all the way up so i began to adjust the brightness on the back via the screen knob it brightened up fine and looks great but i noticed a bread tie, or garbage bag tie coming out of the hole where the RF input should be it was coming out of the metal box and taped to the back of the tv and I pulled it out, soon after I did the brightness began acting crazy and thats my real problem the brightness flickers pretty constantly it gets extremely bright, then looks perfectly normal, then extremely bright over and over again.

Nothing I have tried has fixed the problem I opened it up and tapped around looking for a possible short or anything and could find nothing despite the housing of the tv being banged up and the RF-in being mangled the insides look perfectly intact. I am completely puzzled as to what could be causing this problem and ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated also it seems to be making a high pitched noise but that may just be because the back was off of it details of this model of tv are here
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия