electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
APC UPS repair tips ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bithead9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: APC UPS repair tips ? Reply with quote

Does anyone have some tips on APC UPS repairs ? What typically goes bad in these units. There must be a common failure component for most of these ?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all UPSes, regardless of brand, the most common fault is that the batteries (usually, valve-regulated lead-acid batteries) break down after about 3 - 10 years, mostly due to high ambient temperature and maybe too high trickle charging voltage.

Besides that, common faults are bad connections (solder joints, blade connectors, crimped cable terminations etc) that may overheat when the UPS is heavily loaded.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: UPS Back ups es500va Reply with quote

Help me find the problems my ups back ups es 500 stop charging when the power is off likewise the ups gets off too so i changed the battery but when i turn it on it beeps continously what did i miss ?do i have to change the relay?[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me find the problems my ups back ups es 500 stop charging when the power is off likewise the ups gets off too so i changed the battery but when i turn it on it beeps constantly what did i miss ?do i have to change the relay?.
please reply to this email [email protected]. God bless in advance.
BrianCors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My UPS also had problems with batteries and I had to replace them several times. But first I had this problem, it was within warranty period, so I didn't have to pay for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия