electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
bypassing the password for a Toshiba Satellite notebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
het trekker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: bypassing the password for a Toshiba Satellite notebook Reply with quote

Hi everyone and thank you for yout time,
i have a problem with my notebook, i set up a setup supervisor password by mistake and i have no idea how to bypass it or get rid of it. The particular model i use is a toshiba Satellite A100-644 model no. PSAA8E-07702PIT...
I have to mention that the warranty is in Itlay where from i bought the notebook 1 year ago and right now i'm in Holland, so i've done my best to debug it by myself having some skills related to electronics. I downloaded a maintenance manual for Satellite A100/A105 / TECRA A7 and i followed the instructions in the page 44( see below), yet i couldn't manage to bypass the request of the god damn password...
Please give me a clue cause i feel i'm stuck in Daedalus maze here...
Any suggestion more than welcomed and appreciated.
het trekker

Excerpt from page 44 :

2.2 Basic Flowchart
The basic flowchart in Figure 2-1 serves as a guide for identifying a possibly faulty FRU. Before going through the diagnostic flowchart steps, verify the following: 􀂉 Ask the user if a password has been registered and, if so, ask him or her to enter the password. If the user has forgotten the system password, use a jump wire to make a short circuit on M/B C88 , then turn the computer power on. When booted, the computer overrides password protection and automatically erases the current password.
het trekker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez i made it finally, it works with that jump wire over C88.. it just requires more time...Very Happy
But now I have another problem... guess i dorked the keyboard, more precisely the thin film which connects it unto some connector from the mainboard, and worse i guess the connector is dorked too.. damn fragile tiny things... now i have to figure out where from to get a replacement for the keyboard and dunno what to do with the connector on the mainboard...
het trekker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi...
i've spent 2 hours loking for the c88 on my tecra a7... could you telme where it is.

Thanks
bleinpa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: A105 Toshiba Satellite C88 "where??" Reply with quote

Found C87, C89 lots more Cs, but no C88. Hours of magnifying glass searching, can anyone be more descriptive in pointing out where C88 is??
Lee2007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: service manual and jump wire Reply with quote

het trekker wrote:
Jeez i made it finally, it works with that jump wire over C88.. it just requires more time...Very Happy
But now I have another problem... guess i dorked the keyboard, more precisely the thin film which connects it unto some connector from the mainboard, and worse i guess the connector is dorked too.. damn fragile tiny things... now i have to figure out where from to get a replacement for the keyboard and dunno what to do with the connector on the mainboard...
het trekker

Hi,
I try to download the whole service manual but i cannot download other part of the RAR. I try to shorting the chip on Satellite Pro A120. I got the motherboard out but it so hard to identify the chip for shorting.

If you have some time, please send me the find RAR and help to identify which is the one that i need to shorting.

Thank you very much.
Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия