electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Convergence problem on a Samsung HCN4727W rear projection TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowgoose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Convergence problem on a Samsung HCN4727W rear projection TV Reply with quote

I had the usual Samsung convergence problems on a Samsung HCN4727W5S/XAA rear projection TV. The STKs and resistors were bad. I replaced the convergence board and the convergence issues were almost completely gone. The user accessible red and blue convergence and perfect focus all worked fine. The only problem was a very small 1/16” red convergence line on a small part of the user convergence screen.

I downloaded the service manual; then was able to enter the service menu and service convergence modes and adjust the convergence slightly to eliminate the slight red mis-convergence.

I do not have a screen jig, but used two pieces of string taped to the TV to mark both the edge sensors and the center of the screen. The convergence grid is square with no distortions and the center lines line up precisely with the sensors and screen center.

I was careful to save the RBG adjustments during the service menu convergence procedure and did the “Perfect Focus” from the service menu at the end of the convergence procedure.

The “Perfect Focus” within the service menu does not seem to finish and save the settings. It goes through 100% a few times, the RBG lines pass through the plane of the sensors, the numbers adjust, but the process ends with a white screen instead of reverting back to the convergence grid as the service manual seems to say it should. I exit the convergence procedure with the “s-mode” key as the service manual instructs.

When the TV is back on in the normal user mode, the picture looks good but the “Perfect Focus” function no longer works. I just get the “no sensor data” error message. I assume this is due to the “Perfect Focus” function in the service mode not finishing and saving the data.

The “Perfect Focus” did work after replacing the board before I started fine tuning the convergence in the service mode.

Any ideas is to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know how to tweak it in the service menu don't bother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ