electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic 47wx53 won't power on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B00N3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Panasonic 47wx53 won't power on Reply with quote

I was watching a movie and the screen went slightly green for about1 second, then the TV shut off. Now when powered on, the power LED flashes 3 times then repeats. Also, you can hear the relay kick on, but after about 5 seconds the power LED begins to flash.

From what I have gathered by searching the net, it appears to be a power supply overload. I took a quick look at the power supply board, but the caps and solder joints all appear to be OK.

None of my search results indicated the change in display before the LED began flashing, so I was hoping some one may be able to point me a in a good direction to start.

Thank you,
Dan
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the convergence IC's been replaced yet? STK392-110's.
B00N3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing has been replaced yet. It happened this morning, and I only spent about 45-60 minutes looking at it.

Could they cause it to do this?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet. When a set gets between 5 and 7 years old that is the most common failure. STK392-110's and the 2.2 ohm resistors. It causes a dead set. The other most common on this set is the horizontal output transistor shorts because of a bad flyback.
B00N3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for a buddy to let me borrow his soldering gun. Is it really necessary to fill the heat sink screws with solder?

Anyway, replaced the ICs, did a convergence adjustment, now it is as good as new.

Thank you very much,
Dan
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B00N3 wrote:
Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for a buddy to let me borrow his soldering gun. Is it really necessary to fill the heat sink screws with solder?

Anyway, replaced the ICs, did a convergence adjustment, now it is as good as new.

Thank you very much,
Dan

No you don't have to fill the screws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия