electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
magnavox MS3252S431 tv shutting down...among other things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken1010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: magnavox MS3252S431 tv shutting down...among other things Reply with quote

hello,
my MS3252S431 (L01-1UAC-7638 chasis) 32" tv has broken down for the 3rd time in 18 months. the 1st time was a year and a half ago, the second about 3 months ago, and now. all with the same symptoms, and both costing over $150 at the shop. i will not return a 3rd time. the tv is only 4 years old.
each time, the first symptom is the volumn bar just pops on the screen. then it'll pop on again and actually lower the volume sometimes. the second 'wave' is that the tv menu will come on the screen on it's own, and occasionally change topics as if someone was trying to adjust it via the remote. (no neighbors close to cause this). the third symptom was all of the above, then shutting itself off. it would come back on via the remote, but would repeat the process again. the final 'straw' is it'll shut off completely and not power up at all, with a faint chirping sound coming from the back until unplugged.
i am not an electrician, but can handle a soldering iron and solder wick, if needed. but i don't know a diode from a resistor.... but am willing to give it a shot if anyone out there could help me out. the repair shop wouldn't tell me what they replaced the first 2 times, other than some power supply item. but as you can see they're parts are junk or they're not fixing the problem, only fixing the damaged parts and relying on their 30 warranty to get them by. they're getting no more $$ from this fellow...
or is a baseball bat the best solution?? hope not...send help! thanks for your time.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has C2455 47@25V been replaced?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing has been changed as of now...... is it easy to spot, and will radio shack know what i'm talking about if i go there with your info? thanks for the response.
frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
nothing has been changed as of now...... is it easy to spot, and will radio shack know what i'm talking about if i go there with your info? thanks for the response.

suggest you take it to a tech.
ken1010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey frank,
before i 'suggest' what you can do with your soldering iron, lets move on to more positive feedback, shall we? you must work at the tv repair shop i used to go to...
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want us to teach you how to repair tv without you first learn the most basics of electronics,that's not possible,you have first to be able to reconize the components and there function in the circuit,
ken1010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry frank,

i have been reading many forums and it sounded like the replacement parts were sitting in a drawer at radio shack, and i could exchange it with minimal effort. there were many success stories on another website, and it seemed that they were all novices.
i guess i was insulted that you wrote me off that quick.
i did drive up to RS and they couldn't match up the c2455... i found it on another site though....... i'm doing the homework! haha
if you think i'll just fry the thing, i'll find the nearest electronic recycle center and dispose.
ken1011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: what next? Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Has C2455 47@25V been replaced?

yes this was replaced... although the previos repair man had a 50V installed in it's place. the 'chirping' still comtinues when plugged in, with no other signs of life. the previous repair man only mentioned replacing something whithin the power supply area; any other suggestions?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the HOT Q7460 to see if it's shorted.
ken1012

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you have a part number on that? i was able to find the C2455 on line, but not this Q7460 item. unfortunately i put the tv back toogether again, since it's in my living room. (the cat's tried to help, but couldn't). could you give further info? i'm willing to make this a special project, since it looks like i'll be replacing the tv anyway..... it's been out of service for close to 2 weeks now and the 2 other tv's only have basic cable installed.
let me know, based on your experience, if you think this hit and miss approach will eventually pay off. i'm not opposed to ordering more parts if you have an idea of what else it could be........ thanks for your help and patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ