electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Got ripped off recently...need help..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rapideye95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Got ripped off recently...need help.. Reply with quote

Hi All:

I purchased an "HDTV" from Tiger Direct (mistake). The actual brand name is MAXX Digital. All over the box it says HDTV, HDTV, HDTV

It doesn't say HD-ready, HD compatible or anything.

The TV is 19" so I wasn't expecting a lot...but at least 480p would have been nice...but I do not get that resolution and I'll explain shortly.

The TV only comes with one component video connector (ycbcr)...at the time of purchase I never knew what Ycbcr meant...Now I do and the manufacturer will not take the TV back...Basically ycbcr only allows Standard-definition signals up to 480i, which bites because the stupid makers of the TV promised HDTV all over the box...it's frustrating...EVEN if go to the manufacturer's website...They even say that my TV displays 720p,1080i.

The TV, because of it's size...can be used as a monitor (due to VGA input on tv)

On VGA the display resolution is (1440x990 or 900) or something like that...I can obtain 720p or 1080i by using a Ypbpr to VGA converter BOX.

So now that I know the LCD screen can display HD-resolutions, why in hell would a manufacturer purposely put ycbcr connections and sell it as HDTV when they know it's a huge false advertisement?

So I guess my question is...It it possible to modify the YCBCR connectors to YPBPR connectors?...or do I have to spend 400 dollars on a component-to VGA scaler...just to enjoy HDTV again in my apartment?

Thanks,

rapideye95
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bought it with a credit card right? If so, then you have some recourse.

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
rapideye95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I bought it with cold, hard cash.....I really would rather go to through some surgery on the TV...it's either that or the window.

The manufacturer has already discontinued all the products with ycbcr connectors and is now selling the same products with ypbpr connectors...I just don't want to go through the hassle anymore...except if I screw with it myself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия