electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi Convergence Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich711

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Hitachi Convergence Problem Reply with quote

Hi, I’ve read a lot and found out I have a convergence issue like others have reported. I have a Hitachi Ultravision model 50UX22B chassis AP53P that’s about ten years old. I plan to remove the convergence board and hopefully find a local electronics shop to repair since my soldering abilities are quite rusty. Do you know a local TV repair shop or better yet an experienced technician in the 60516 zip code you can recommend? I downloaded the Hitachi service manual and I’m about ready to remove the board. This board is quite large (about 10in x 14 in) and has a large heat sink that is common to the three STKs. I have taken digital photos and plan to label all wires/connectors to make sure I don’t mis-wire something when re-installing. Here’s where I need help. I noticed there are a number of circuit board couplings that connect to an adjacent board. How do I disengage the couplings? The service manual specifies STK4274. Is there an improve version to handle the heat issue? There are number of capacitors and resistors in the circuit of each STK. Should I replace all with the original part numbers referenced in the service manual? How can I check for cracked solder connections on the board? Do I have to purchase an overlay and do a manual convergence after the board is repaired? Should I use an electrostatic ground strap and bag for the board? Thanks.
Rich
Smile
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like taking care of an infant. The interconnects should snap up. Remove the screws from the board, unsnap the connectors, and write down on a piece of paper where the other plugs go. Pull the board, remove the ic's, put the new ones in and that's that. Soldering is like riding a bike. It's not that bad or, 1135 79th St, Darien - (630) 969-8876 is a repair shop. You shouldn't need an overlay if you don't do anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ