electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
21" Toshiba TV (1994 model)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
back2basics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: 21" Toshiba TV (1994 model) Reply with quote

I just found this TV in the dumpster at work so I thought I'd take it out and mess around with it. It will turn on (you can hear it do that initial "buzz"), but there is no video or sound. I dont know too much about tvs, but what are the first things I should look for. Blown fuses, loose solder connections?? I'll get the model number tomorrow if that will help. All I can remember is that it was made in 1994. Thanks
gary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first think to check is the model number, posting it will help as toshiba have made a lot of 21" tv models.
back2basics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, the model number for the TV is CF20D40. The chassis number TAC is 9402.
back2basics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took the back off and tried to vacuum up some of the dust, took the fuses out check and cleaned the ends off. So it still does the same thing. I found two fuses and both looked okay yet. One had a very very tiny wire in it and it was mounted diagnally, but stayed put in that position. Could it be broken and just stuck or would the fuse link purposely be in that position?

When I hit the power button I can hear it turn on, but there are no lights or anything that stay on. After a while in complete silence turning it on/off, on/off I'm almost 100% that it just shuts down like immediately after its turned on. I can hear its the same sound each time I power it on. You can hear a very tiny "pop" from the speakers as well, but no sign of video on the screen.

Whats the next step? I'm VERY motivated to get this thing back up and working. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead
RESOLDERED T101
back2basics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just found this. Is this big enough to disrupt a circuit?

minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No traces appear to be broke.
back2basics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesnt, at least no completely broken. It goes into that one trace about 0.5mm. No caps are fried and the board looks good physically.
back2basics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you mean by "Dead RESOLDERED T101"?
back2basics

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go solder that joint up right after this, but I've got a few more pictures to show.

First off, I noticed some light scratches on the board. I dont know if this is enough to effect it; I'm sure it all depends on how deep the scratches are? Take a look.

Second, what are these lever type tabs by the neck. They move, which I'm sure most of you know, but what do they do?

From what is happening (surges off immediately) I'd think it has to be something with the power supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия