electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV PSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: TV PSU Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have noted that the TVs sale
in Australia require a power source of 230V 50 Hz, whilst in US the same TVs require 110V 60Hz. It is interested to found for PS3, despite the differences stated in their specifications, the PSUs are universal (someone discovered after opened the unit). I am wondering if the TV sets have the same scenario.

Also the TVs in US have a 2:3 pull down for displacement of 24 frames in 60Hz set. So what is the pull down ratio for Australian units as we have 50Hz source. Is the pull down ratio automatically adjusted depending on the detected electrical frequency?

I am asking this because I want to know if a TV with PAL system brought from US can be used in Australia without major issues.

You answer to the above questions are greatly appreciated.

Marsman
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV's in the US are not PAL. They are NTSC.

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the tv's PSU is an universal one, then the mains voltage rating on the tv's nameplate will be 100-240 V or something like that. The actual mains frequency has nothing to do with the tv signal standard.

Most reasonably modern tv's will accomodate as well a 625/50 PAL video signal as a 525/60 NTSC signal, via the video inputs, scart connector etc.
However, one will run into problems when feeding a RF signal of the wrong standard to the antenna input. The channel assignments are different in the US vs CCIR countries, also the sound IF is different (4,5 MHz in the US, 5,5 or 6,0 MHz in most CCIR countries).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия