electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Finlux 9670 with waves in picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Finlux 9670 with waves in picture Reply with quote

The problem is a Finlux 9670 (very old thing).

The picture is bulging a little according to the the signal. Vertical lines in the picture gets a wave-like shape.
It looks a bit like the 50 Hz ripple that you might get if the main supply capacitor in the PSU is faulty, but I have tried to replace this one, without any result.

Any ideas ?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possibility could be a 50 Hz interference introduced via some fault in an antenna amplifier, cable tv network etc. Try feeding a signal from another source (for example, a DVD player) to the tv and see if the interference disappears. It can also be interesting to try the RF input as well as the SCART connector to see if there is any difference.

In seldom cases, the voltage control circuitry of a SMPS might begin oscillating for some reason. If i remember correctly, old Finlux sets often have a TDA4601 or similar SMPS controller, there is a number of small electrolytics (say, 47 uF or 100 uF) around it that might be suspect.
Pilsener

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried with another PSU - No result.
Different signal sources (tuner/dvd) - Same result.

I am, however, pretty sure I have experienced this fault somewhere before...many years ago...and I have a distant memory about some faulty capacitor. Too bad all my notes about these tv's are gone.

Here's a pic to show how it looks like. You can see the vertical lines in the menu are being "bent". This bulges are moving according to the video signal.

torbjorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the contrast and brightness settings influence the bulges?
Pilsener

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Contrast and brightness does not influence it.
hirollcenter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: bulging pic. Reply with quote

Looks like the vertical deflection has trouble,vert.output,power supply noisey,or the pin cushion, maybe in those areas somewhere...
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it seems like that the video signal contents influence the horizontal oscillator in some manner.
I remember that some old Finlux chassis had a double-side PCB without plated-through holes in the video area, the feedthroughs were made by soldering some component pins on both sides. Those solder joints often crack, and this can cause very strange faults.

Another possibility is if video contents should be carried on a supply line, +12V or something like that, that also feeds the horizontal oscillator. Then the problem might be a bad decoupling cap for this supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия