electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
18volt battery charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeCoughanour

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: 18volt battery charger Reply with quote

Hello,
I have recently moved to Vietnam. I brought my Ryobi 18 volt corless tolls with me. The charger works on 110v. I have been using a power converter to lower the Vietnam 220v single stage to 110v. Except for a blown fuss in the charger it has been working fine. Untill one afternoon in the thrill of finding a fuss that worked and the normal tiredness from a long day at work, I plugged my charger into a 220v outlet. The green light came on, I walked away. Then moments later I could smell the burnt plastic. booops. My question is this. Is it possible to convert my 18v charger from 110 to 220 single phase? If so how?
Best regards, Lee
RODALCO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Fried charger Reply with quote

Your best bet is to get a new charger designed for 220 Volts.
I'm not sure what your chances are to get a Ryobi charger in Vietnam.
You may have to get one posted to you from overseas.

If the electronics are not fried you can get a 220 / 20 or 24 volts transformator and fit it in the charger casing.

Good luck.
Lee Coughanour

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help RODALCO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия