electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
adding an on/off switch to a guitar effects pedalboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonah5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: adding an on/off switch to a guitar effects pedalboard Reply with quote

Hello. I'm new to this forum and hope you can help. I have a Digitech rp2000 guitar effects pedalboard, about 7 years old. The problem is it doesn't have an on/off switch built in and instead I have to plug/unplug the thing each time. The power cord has a transformer inline, converting from 110v AC to 9v AC. Can I add an on/off switch at the board (at the 9v level)? Would this also effectively turn off current at the transformer, so it doesn't affect it or wear it out in any way? I want to be able to keep it plugged in and just use the on/off switch when I want to use it. By the way the power cord attaches to the unit with what looks like a 4 pin adaptor. Thanks for your input!
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always add a power switch on the unit but it will NOT turn off the adaptor---only the unit. The amount of electricity used by the adaptor is very low when not plugged in to the main unit and there is really not much to wear out.

Better yet, If you want complete control, the easiest thing you can do is to get a small power strip w/ on-offswitch and plugg in your adaptor.Idea

BTW, I have the GNX4 which in fact does have an on/off rocker switch on the back. ---perhaps it was a design after thought?
jonah5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vtec! You're right-it was a design after-thought. Seems like all the other pedalboards I've seen have an on/off switch. Anyway I'll try your idea-looks like the easiest solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия