electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha 5 disc changer won't play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Yamaha 5 disc changer won't play Reply with quote

Our Yamaha CDC-775 5 disc changer acts like it can't read that there are discs loaded. If 1-5 discs are loaded and we hit play, the door opens right up as though there are no discs loaded. It doesn't have very many hours of playing time. I've heard that the sensor might be dusty but even if that is the problem I have no idea how to fix that. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this problem?
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a sensor or even an alignment issue? Tray mechanism was rather finicky on a lot of Yamaha CD and DVD 5 disc changers. While not difficult to tackle by any means, just not sure how much an average user is able to do? Wink
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Yamaha 5 Disc Changer and others Reply with quote

When ever I see a problem like this, I check the little things first. In surroundings of where unit is placed, Is it damp there or are there heavy smokers around the unit because a thin film on your laser eye can cause a no read fault.

After cleaning the laser eye, if unit still doesn't read, I begin checking switches and the plastic that usually is supossed to activate those switches during movement of any apperatus.

Broken plastic accounts for alot of problems on CD untits.

Start with KISS: "Keep It Simple Stupid" during every repair.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: More Tips Reply with quote

I almost forgot, if the unit is belt driven in any way, check to make sure said belts aren't worn or slick as when those little motors are running, those belts have to get that mechanism closed and a slick belt won't do it.

FYI, Condom rings do not make good do-it-yourself belts! I've seen customers try this. Very funny!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия