electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AU BUS and Sony tape recorders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: AU BUS and Sony tape recorders Reply with quote

When your SONY tape has an AU BUS what exactly does this?
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaking, the AU bus (audio bus) was specifically designed for automatic synchronization between two Sony devices...ie, tape recorders. It would allow the sharing of communication lines between device processors.

I have seen similiar propriety options on various Sony products over the years... tapedecks/Minidisc/Vcr's/DVD to camcorders.

While they generally did work, biggest draw back was limited to another Sony made product with specific connector/cable & often user un-friendly and no consistency from year to year--- although with the introduction of USB, it was somewhat standardized.
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: AU BUS and Sony tape recorders Reply with quote

Hhm interesting, so i can connect a md there or a sony cd writer to it and achive communication between this two devices , very good. i have a sony MHC-EX5 how can i improve its sound ? should i buy a sound processor or better speakers (i need more clarity and better bass)
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a sec.... It is not as easy as you may think. Like I mentioned, it was very specific and limited to the particular devices. Meaning that if you are going to connect an MD or a writer, not only it has to have a AU bus , it must also support the application.

Not aware of ways to improve the sound quality of any compact stereo system such as MHC EX5. as most have limited capabilities according to their audio output chips.
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: AU BUS Reply with quote

whell you have a good point, you are right. Supposing that we have the Sony MHC-EX5 with a AU BUS on its tape recorder and a SONY cd writer with again a AU BUS, can this two devices cooperate? furthermore what kind of signal travels through this particular bus? analague or they communicate digitally (pulses 0-1-0-1 etc). The application you said earlier, is a computer software that comes seperately or it is installed on the devices themshelves so you do not need a computer. Finally what kind of woofers give better and clearer bus? those with soft membrane or the harder ones?
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, the control signals are almost always digital although there may be an analog reference element such as audio level or even a supply rail included.

Only the Manufacturer of the said equipment is able to provide you with the "compatibility" of the units. The "application" is strictly according to the designer's choosing at the time and either burned-in to an eprom or already incorpoeated within the microprocessor.

Not quite sure what you meant by ".. kind of woofers give better and clearer bus?" If you meant clearer sound? While not much in to testing, it is just as subjective as any other A-B comparison test on both sides.
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: AU BUS Reply with quote

Well you have covered me thoroughly. As for the woofers I tried using the sabwoofer (Sound Blaster) on my Hi Fi and I saw great improvement and more satisfying bass. MD's (mini disks) now are considered obsoleted in this new period of DVD and mp3 so I thing there is no point in installing one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия