electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony CTV KV-2966AS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonczapor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Sony CTV KV-2966AS Reply with quote

Sony CTV was squealing, replaced flyback tx, now the sets no go at all.
I have no schmatic and the circuit is filled with dust which is making it
difficult to service. Any suggestions to get it running?
TV Family Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Never just a flyback Reply with quote

If indeed your flyback transformer was fried, it usually takes the horizontal output transistor with it. Did you check this as you were checking the set out?
jasonczapor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Sony CTV KV-2966AS - Horz output Reply with quote

Is the horz out Ic601? (STR-S5741), or would it be Q801 (H-drive)?
It's been a few yrs since I worked on a tv. I now have a schematic of the set. I've replaced IC601, but now at turn on it make a whining noise, not a high pitch like before. Is there some caps or resistor values I should check around the IC before turning on again?
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Verify Reply with quote

Yes, you must test the horizontal output transistor any time changing a flyback becomes necessary. If shorted, replace.
jasonczapor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Sony CTV KV-2966AS - Horz output Reply with quote

Yep the Horz o/p was shorted. Was a prick to get to. Anyway so far I have replaced with new the flyback tx, horz output and IC601 in the power supply. The set still won't startup and is still making a whining sort of noise. I don't know if it's just a few caps need changing, but I'm stuck at the moment. Anything you recommend checking next?
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Now look for Reply with quote

Good, now we have to check our diodes and caps in the power supply and we should be golden. Nobody said TV repair was easy all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия