electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA LCD L32WD12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: RCA LCD L32WD12 Reply with quote

RCA LCD L32WD12

Symptoms:

Red power light on when AC applied, push power, red light goes out, hear relay clicking and notta. Has what appears to be 2 blinks in between. Has had heavy use according to the customer.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: I have no schematic Reply with quote

This unit appears to never get out of standby because the power supply is only at 3.23V instead of an expected 5V. I will post my conclusion when the set is repaired. I'm working with no schematic.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Didn't work Reply with quote

Replaced every capacitor on the power board with no results. minnie, do you know anything about these sets?
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too new no info yet.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: I was afraid of that Reply with quote

Couldn't find any info anywhere except lots of angray customers saying thiers did too.
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion:(sort of a reverse engineering) How about trying to substitute an external 5V if/when you know that it is infact suppose to be 5V line? It just MAY point you to the right direction. I have been able to use "substitution" in determining faults many times when there is no documentation---of course when you are pretty sure or can determine what the voltage suppose to be.

ie, lets say you have some sort of a short on the said line which is causing it to be pulled down OR perhaps it is because of a faulty source/regulator which is not supplying enough to begin with? Carefully applying external supply while monitoring current draw thru a small bench power supply can be an invaluable troubleshooting tool.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Found what's wrong Reply with quote

I believe the power controller IC has died. minnie assisted me in determining the root cause and we will be replacing the power supply board. Thanks for the suggestion Vtech, much appreciated. Unfortanately, I'm not working in circumstances that provide me the tools to experiment.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Power Supplies Back Ordered Reply with quote

Power Supplies Back Ordered:

6 month wait to get one, guess I was on to this problem after all.

minnie, thanks for all your help, this set will have to wait for a slow plane from Canada. Bet lots of owners are fuming over this cause I know from web blogs, these are failing by the numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия