electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
technics SU 300 fuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sieffe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: technics SU 300 fuse Reply with quote

Hi peeps . . .I am an impoverished amateur who knows how to put a fuse in! That's about the limits of my electronics . .
but I have opened up my SU300 and found a fuse and replaced it . . and Bingo! Half the stereo works again!

Now . . .are there two fuses in these beasts? Or am I doomed to either listen to half the music or buy another amplifier?

*sigh*, Sieffe
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Probably more than one fuse Reply with quote

More importantly, what caused the fuse to pop in the first place, either a power surge if the fuse was the main line fuse (In which case the unit would be totally dead) or was it a channel protection fuse. If you got one side back, it was a channel protection fuse. You may have a blown channel output, cracked board joints etc... If it continues to blow fuses, it has a short that must be fixed.

By the way, how old is it?
Sieffe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Fuse Reply with quote

It's quite old . . .but a good one! As anything from Technics is . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия