electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Electronics Repair Carrer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris1297

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Electronics Repair Carrer Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am 18 and considering going to a trade school for electronics repair. What really made me want to consider this is my deep intrest in music. I would be proud to be able to fix radios/stereos haha. I really dont know how carrers in this area work, is radio/stereo repair a specialty? or do all entertainment electronics go with it? I was hoping for some suggestions on schools or how I should go about getting training for this. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in US & looking for more of a "hands on" approach, You may want to consider the Vocational/technical school route ranging from a Diploma to an Associate degree which yields you as a "technician" in the job market.
There are some with Electronic categories which can be tailored more to a specific area of interest or as just a general "Electronic Technology" field

If you are more interested in the design work, formal electrical/electronic engineering is the way to go through a university. While it takes longer and cost more, you can earn a BA, MS or even PHD in your field. You will be in a somewhat different class in the job market . While there is no guarantee, you can expect a higher salary than being a "Technician" --even though I've seen the exact opposite.

Technicians are mainly involved with assembly/troubleshooting/repair while engineers do the original thinking & design. Basically it is up to you and sky is the limit as to how much you want to be involved. Many Techs. can also be involved in design concepts & vise versa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия