electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Fujitsu PDS42xx PSU(PFW-422) info request
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingcobra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Fujitsu PDS42xx PSU(PFW-422) info request Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone have any circuit details of the PFW-422 PSU used in the Fujitsu PDS42xx series of plasma display panels please?

I am particulary looking for help in the area of Vsc which appears to be at -44v instaed of +120v. ( off load )

I have the so-called service manual which gives all the output voltages, but no schematics.

Any information would be appreciated.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per say schematics are not available from any manufacture on plasma's. If your VSC is low/incorrect that would indicate a bad sustain board. You can esr the caps, replace the voltage regulators, look for bad components ect. In other words, guess or replace the sustain board.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
If your VSC is low/incorrect that would indicate a bad sustain board.

Thanks for the reply, Minnie
I'm not sure I know what you mean by the sustain board - Vsc seems to supply the PDP board and the only other boards I can see are the DC /DC psu , the main digital board and the video processing boards.

Also Vsc is still wrong with the PSU plug disconnected.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the back off the power supply is middle top, below it digital main, boards to the left and right of the power supply should be the x and y sustain boards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I see which boards you mean, but what is Vsc used for? - logically it would seem to be a supply FROM the PSU, but from what you have said it seems to come from the sustain board(s) and TO the PSU. If it were PSU derived (and the PSU is OK), surely it would be correct when the sustain board is disconnected?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the fuse's on the sustain brd. Unplug the connector if the Vsc doesn't come back up yes a bad PS.
kingcobra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I don't see any fuses on the sustain boards, but I'm fairly sure the PSU is OK and that something is tripping it (red led flashes continously). It's only when I disconnect Vcc1 on CN42 that it stays up and running. What I thought was an incorrect Vsc, I now think is correct when measuerd with respect to -Vy instead of 0v. Could a fault with the Plasma display itself cause the PSU to trip?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say that again, you unplug CN 42 which goes to the sustain board and the voltage is correct???
kingcobra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - unplugging CN42 allows the PSU to start up normally(green led) and all voltages appear to be correct. The same happens by just removing Vcc1(pin 6 of CN42)
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad sustain board or bad panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия