electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-51WS500 repair help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adundee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Sony KP-51WS500 repair help Reply with quote

I recently came into possetion of this set. My fathers neighbor offered it to him for free, as it was broken. Unwilling to fix it, he gave it to me. The person he got the tv from was quoted $300 to fix it, I would rather fix it myself if its somthing I can do. So I get the tv home, plug it in, and surpisingly I do see a picture, however there was about a 2" black bar at the bottom of the picture, and it looked as if there was a blue transparency laid ontop of it. As I mess around with it, the blue "transparency" gets more and more solid. Eventually it turned to a completly blue screen, with white arched lines running horizontaly. It also developed some sort of static look to it. Oddly enough, my menus still look fairly normal...I dont know what that means. I took pictures hoping it would help, and knowing it would be rather hard to acuratly describe how it looked. Thank you for any help you can offer.

adundee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I was able to turn down the blue knob on the focus block and now have picture. I still have pretty bad retrace lines that are horizontal and wavy, and the black bar at the bottom of the screen. Im not quite sure what this indicates but I thought it may help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия