electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
9" TV/VCR w/no RF/composite out modifiable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okeefe58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: 9" TV/VCR w/no RF/composite out modifiable? Reply with quote

hello everyone -another electronics nerd joins the group today -here's one for the smarties -have an rca 9" tv/vcr T09082 that has only RF-RCA jacks in -nothing out -was wondering if anyone knows if even possible, how hard it would to modify tv to have either RF out or composite out? the audio would be easy enough, but I'm thinking if the video signals just go straight to color guns, then it would be unlikely to rig any video out -I wonder if the RF modulator might not already have some out component or how interchangeable they are with one from any old set with an RF out -they sure all look pretty much the same (although I suppose one from a 9inch tv might be smaller?)
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always a composite video content present in any video equipment that is tapped on some as a "video out". It can be added provided you are familiar with the fundamentals of a TV circuit &/or have a schematic to find &follow.

The "composite video" is normally buffered, terminated & tapped as a "video out signal" & is always done way before getting to the CRT guns.

To get more familiar, you may want to look at any bigger tv schematic as a reference. --or even a VCR tuner/video section which is identical.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanx -so sounds like your saying it could be done without any extra components -I've done some repair like soldering in new smps diodes, switched out video heads and lube carriages, but your right, I need to study up the video path-never really looked at the components/block diagrams or that area of schematics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия