electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Lecroy LS140
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnnash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but...

I saw on a thread from last year that you have a firmware install disk for a LeCroy LS140 oscilloscope. I have a scope of that model with a message saying that a firmware install is needed, however I do not have a firmware install disk.

Would you be able to provide me with the files from the firmware install disk? I would greatly appreciate it, so that I can attempt to restore my scope to working order.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !
gnnash wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but....

No problem, if i can help you ...
Quote:

I saw on a thread from last year that you have a firmware install disk for a LeCroy LS140 oscilloscope. I have a scope of that model

My scope is a LS140 with L1 option.
Quote:

with a message saying that a firmware install is needed

At first I had the same message as you. In fact, my hard drive was not running ... I found that this problem is recurring on this disc type.
Quote:

Would you be able to provide me with the files from the firmware install disk?

I send you all I have available through your box.
There are different versions of firmware, you can choose one that matches your model.
If you need further information, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards.
PatXaran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot !
Please give me your address in private message that I send you my archives.

Regards.
abeasley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Need help Reply with quote

I know this thread is really old but I recently ran into this exact issue with my scope. My scope is the LS140 with the L1 option and it appears the hard drive has failed. I have placed a older 20gb hard drive with a 100mb partition. When I attempt to flash it looks like its installing the files then ends with a copy error. I booted an old dos diskette and was able to view the drive, and there wasn't anything one it. I created the ls140_l1.dir folder in hopes that would help but it did not. Does anyone have an image of the hard drive or know what needs to be done to enable this to work?

Thanks in advance!
abeasley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out. Looks like I needed to use FDISK to format the disk and label it as LEC_HDD. I also installed the dos to the hard drive but I don't believe it was necessary. I used a 20GB hard drive which was formatted to around 500 megs which is the limit for FAT16.

Hope this helps someone!
PatXaran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Tks ... Reply with quote

It's very good to know.
I'll try installing a different model of the original disk.

Thank you very much.
EdSantacruz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: LeCroy LS140 - 2K Reply with quote

Hi all.
I have my LeCroy LS140 - 2K with missing firmware after PC motherboard backup NI-CD battery replaced.
Now I am in trouble because I don't have the Firmware boot disk.
I have the firmware files but I am unable to load them into a MS-DOS disk.
I am desperate for this disk and if a friend here is willing to post a working copy of this bootable disk with the firmware, I am more than happy to pay for it.
Or, I can ask my friend to create a MS-DOS bootable disk but due disk lack of space, is not possible to load the 2K firmware files into it.
So the question is:
How to create this bootable MS-Dos disk that really boots to the LS140?
With Windows 95?
What files can be deleted to open space to load the firmware files into it?
Thank you so much!
Regards,
Ed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,
if you have the right firmware it should be able to be copied without problems on a floppy formatted in 1.44 MB.
Give me your email address and I will send you what I have.
You will find in the package the firmware version that corresponds to your scope.

Cordially.
Michel Bady.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot,
the MsDos disk does not need to be bootable, just formatted (in 1.44MB). The remaining space will be more than enough to copy the firmware files.

Cordially.
Michel Bady.
PatXaran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,
if you have the right firmware it should be able to be copied without problems on a floppy formatted in 1.44 MB.
Give me your email address and I will send you what I have.
You will find in the package the firmware version that corresponds to your scope.

Cordially.
Michel Bady.
---------------------------------------------------------
I forgot,
the MsDos disk does not need to be bootable, just formatted (in 1.44MB). The remaining space will be more than enough to copy the firmware files.

Cordially.
Michel Bady (PatXaran).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия