electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Strde475 in protect mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivtec

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Strde475 in protect mode Reply with quote

Can you help me with my strde475 that is in protect mode,it was working fine except the tuner, but i swapped the tuner for a good one, now i know the problem is not the tuner, i replaced all caps around UPC2581V chips on the main board where the black smoked area is , IC701 and IC702. IC701 serves the FL and SL channels while IC702 serves the FR and SR channels. Something in the vicinity must have blown as i turned on the power it smelled burned but could not see nothing burned,now nothing works and it goes in PROTECT MODE,i can't believe that i replaced all dried caps around the UPC2581 and now nothing works.any clues thanks in advance.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't ya just hate that when you are trying to fix one thing, something else craps out.

Sounds like a man-made problem though. No reason whatsoever it should go into protect mode by simply changing dried-up caps? Perhaps something was put on backwards, created a short etc? You are working in an area of plus/minus
50 volts and the residual capacitor charges alone can easily cause damage.

I don't recall ever having a problem replacing dried caps around the UPC's which is a common issue. There are however small low value resistors supplying the chips that can easily open up & may be that is what you smelled?
Instead of wondering about what or how it may have happened, how about a voltage measurement around the IC's to see what you are looking at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия