electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Can I reset Hitachi VT-S772a menu
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mghia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Can I reset Hitachi VT-S772a menu Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone know how to reset the menu on an Hitachi SVHS VT-S772a from VCR2 to VCR1?
My remote is locked out. This machine does not have a button on the front to call up the on screen menu and navigate. The remote was working, is a Hitachi remote but do not think it is the original remote so I do not now if I am missing a button.

What happened was I was using the remote to set features but since I bought this used, did not know what some features were. So as soon as I switched the setting, using the remote, from VCR1 to VCR2 the remote stopped working. The on line manual from Hitachi , which I do not think is complete, states that if remote is not working that that is one possible reason. Since I set it in the menu that is the reason. Although I did try setting up a universal remote with codes 0000, 0041, 0042 and they failed to control any function on the vcr either so I doubt it is a bad remote.
I have tried leaving unplugged for 2 days without any reset. I opened the cover and removed the power supply for an hour. I am nto sure where the memory is contained. I figured the PS did not contain the memory but it did not change anything. So is this menu setting in EEPROM?
Can I reset the unit or are there trick ways to call up the menu?

I recently found a hole at the front right. Suspecting it could be a reset I pushed a plastic rod in and felt a button. When you push it it will turn the machine on and off. However it does not seem to reset the eeprom or memory.
I do not know if there is any combo of buttons to hold or time length or any method to do while pushing this in. The hole and button must be there for a reason right?
I am asking for help here since I am not sure if buying a $20 service manual will have the method or explain how to do it without any special tools.
My uncle used to work for Panasonic and could not offer much help accept for that it might reset after a month of of leaving it unplugged.

Any help on this is appreciated since it turns out I there is not enough buttons on the front to get it record properly (need remote to change input sources.)

Thank you for any suggestions.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since working with a vcr but If I'm not mistaking that was supposed to have a 30min ~hour backup that was done with a backup capacitor(somwhere on front panel pcb) & judging by the age of the machine, very much doubt that it is even operational as the backup caps did not last that long(unless it was replaced recently?)... Don't ever remember any brand VCR1/2 settings being non-volatile either? ---once backup is lost it would always revert back to original setting)

Anywayz, not having the original remote may complicate it as I seemed to remember something like a vcrplus or guide button to call up the initial settings when faced with this? is there anything like that on your remote?
mghia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: followup Reply with quote

You have a good memory vtech. It does have a 30 mintu back up according to the manual I downloaded.
However I left it unplugged for 2 days and it did not change anything.
The manual tells you if you the remote is not working and it is set to VCR2, to just change it back in the menu but if I can not get back to the on screen menu I am not going to be able to change it.

The remote that they sent (VT-Rm605A)was working before this and is an Hitachi remote with shuttle wheel. http://www.remotes.com/remote_images/large/hitachi/vtrm605a.jpg

This site say this is the factory remote http://www.remotes.com/remote_images/large/hitachi/vts772a.jpg

On mine I do have buttons VCR+, Display, Vcr/TV, clear,Guide and quite a few other buttons but if the IR is turned off from the machine than it will not matter since I have played with the buttons on the remote and now it does not work.

So how long could it take for it to reset unplugged? This unit was used for something else since they cord was changed and there is an handset/computer jack and switch and a label stuck on the back TELEFACTOR CORP.

So what is that little hole in the front that makes the unit turn on and off. It has to be a reset of sorts yes? All it seems to with it plugged in is turn it on and off and if you had it on channel 3 it would show channel two/

I am using it to get the best quality I can transfering my tapes to my computer.

So if you have any ideas to how long it might hold in memory the menu settings or how it could be reset, I would like to try some more ideas.

Thanks
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

button in the front is infact a reset tact switch.

At this point not quite sure why iit seemes to have been stuck in vcr2?

how did u get in to the setup originally (what button on your remote?)
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: followup Reply with quote

Quote:

...On mine I do have buttons VCR+, Display, Vcr/TV, clear,Guide and quite a few other buttons but if the IR is turned off from the machine than it will not matter since I have played with the buttons on the remote and now it does not work

Also do not understand what you mean by "turning off"? was that a selection also? VCR1/2 never turns it off--only changes the coding . I really think there may be something else involved/overlooked here as it has had plenty for reset time & not aware of anything different? Really does not make any sense how/why it would lock you out?
mghia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I used the remote that they sent and know for certain that the basic play/shuttle, channel button, power vcr/tv display were all working before I went into the menu.

I had not tested out everything before I was in the menu setting features
I guess there could be a chance that the remote stopped working but that would spooky. I can see the light flicker from the IR in a LCD screen on my camera, tried new batteries and tried known Hitachi remote codes with a universal remote. But I assume they might not have the VCR1/2 button code?

I do note in the manual and from the photo the proper remote has a transmit button and a VCR1/VCR2 button.
I just can not see paying $150 for a remote

With the little reset hole, I was thinking that maybe you have to use a sequence to reset. That is, have a tape in and hold a button while pushing the reset. I tried it with the tape in with it empty and plugged it in while holding the reset but that did not get the remote working again.

Thanks for your troubleshooting time.
Mark
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said, very unlikely that remote has stopped working & no doubt it is not worth paying that much for a remote.

...out of ideas for now
mghia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are there common reset sequences for Hitachi units? Or any units.
I would think there might be MORE than pushing the button. I have tried some combos of pushing the power button while pushing what we think it is the reset but with no luck.

Would a data sheet tell me anything about reseting the eeprom?

And from what I see, if the IR is not turned off but the vcr had two codes, wouldn't a different code still control the player? The question is what code was that? I have only found 4 or 5 vhs codes and one 0105 is the only one my Kameleon remote did not have.
I am not sure what SVHS codes would be. All I know is that this remote worked fine until i switched to VCR2

If this is eeprom, is that mean it locked for ever or will it reset in a month?
mghia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: SOULUTION! Reply with quote

Well leave it to Radio Shack of all places to fix the problem.
I have a 6-1 touch screen remote. When searching for codes on line I found several more codes. The manual for the remote stated it could be updated via the phone. But they wanted a model number. Since I was not sure I was going to give them all the models I could find a link to. Luckily I did not have to . The CS on the phone said "I know your problem." Some machines have a sister code.

She sent a link to an audio file for the sister code. So if you have the same problem I had, (doubtful anyone would have this since it is an old player) look for remotes that can do or get code 166 or 0166

So I was able to switch back to the remote since the buttons on the touch pad remote for 166 still did not have the features needed.

I finally was able to test the record once I changed back and have other issues to look into which I will post elsewhere.
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx for the update... always good to know the information regardless of how old the unit is. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия