electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba SD-3107U Optical Pickup needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gridnutter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Toshiba SD-3107U Optical Pickup needed... Reply with quote

Can anybody help me obtain one of these pickups? I know the player is old, but I really liked the picture quality!

This is a US model, but would a UK spec pickup be compatable if I could get one?

Thanks!
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sd3107.....haven't seen one in ages..one of the first generation players.

There is no difference in pickup as far as US or UK as the format difference has nothing to do with pickup. Not sure it is worthed though as there was not really anything special about the series.

original Tosh part number was79070010 which was later superseded with 79070339 is the info I have. Not sure if it's available or how much?
gridnutter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the part number vtech.. A quick google reveals it is available, but at approx £180!!

Given the cost of new players and the age of this unit it's definately not worth repairing unless somebody has a second hand one at a reasonable price.

What new player would people on here recommend??
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by what is in US markets these days, there is NO particular brand or name that can be counted on anymore As pretty much everything is made in china & meant to be disposable. (Not quite sure how it is in europe as it used to be rather different). As an example, Philips who has pioneered & came out with some of the best products in EU, has marketed some of the worst absolute unreliable JUNK in consumer electronics here in US.

So..if you see something that covers your need, go for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия