electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-2964

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahbrown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Sony KV-2964 Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering the difference between the KV-2964, KV-2964MT and KV-2964AS

I have the later model (KV-2964). I have got EFIl solutions, TV repair guide, and it is suggesting that I replace a diode that I am unable to find either on the board or cct diagram that I was able to obtain here (KV-2964mt)

The diode number is D657 which has a value of (R2K), but I am unable to locate - any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the exact difference between them. Probably it has more to do with features such as teletext ..ntsc/pal/secam etc.

In my experience with SONY, best to check the chasis number against the schematic as similiar models may be different.
Not as bad as some of the others but, there are times when certain components may or may not be indicated & you may end up in a wild goose chase. (time consuming & frustrating to say the least).

You may have better luck looking for it on the PCB in the area of power supply or deflection as R2K is an avalanch diode & can be used in either circuit.

Good luck
dahbrown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I have a squeal when turned on.
I am having trouble detecting any DC volts. There is nothing on 135v rail, as with 22v, 7v, etc?

What am I doing wrong? I am using the earth from the GND from T602 (pin 17).
dahbrown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the problem. The main power supply IC601 is shorted on a couple of outputs.
phorvati

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahbrown,

was the IC601 on the power supply board? What are the numbers on it and how many pins are there?
dahbrown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi phorvati,

IC601 is a voltage regulator (I think) on the main board. It is a 9 pin IC on a huge heat sink. It is a STR-55491.

On input it only has 164DCV. And has no output, it appears to be open. (not shorted as I mistyped below)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия