electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
BUSH 32" Widescreen Model - WS7674SIL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickydavy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: BUSH 32" Widescreen Model - WS7674SIL Reply with quote

Hello all, My mum got herself an LCD and gave this bush tv to me. It worked for a day or so but then suddenly went all wierd?

I switch it on and there is just a blank screen, then it comes on and then off again. It continues to do this for a while but the picture lasts longer each time before going off again,t he tv itself does not turn off, it's just the picture thing and sound is fine too?

I called up a TV Repair guy and he said he would charge me £35 non refundable just to look at it and tell me what's wrong with it. I don't fancy doing this because he could just tell me anything, he also said that the maximum I would have to pay would be £100 if it came to that.

I am a computer engineer and change motherboards all the time, is it possible for me to just get another board and replace the faulty one in the tv? The aerial unit is also broken and that is a part of the board itself.

I have searched high and low for places that sell them but no joy, hence finding you guys.

ANy Ideas?
mickeymay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to that is of course, yes, but the TV world isn't as cheap as the computer world, a new motherboard would most likely set you back well in excess of a £100. Of course the engineer is right, he can't tell you what's wrong with it without checking it. £35 sounds quite reasonable, compared to SKY who want £75 to look at one of their boxes when out of warranty. Since the big price drop in Tv's most of the cowboys are gone, those left are mostly dedicated repair people.
If you feel he's dubious though, and would like attempting to fault find for yourself, I would suggest checking the tube base PCB and the LOPTX, basic checks on the LOPTX would involve turning the screen potentimeter a fraction, if the picture appears after a moment, you almost most certainly have a faulty LOPTX.
It could also be a field blanking fault, in which case doing the above action will reveal a thin white/blue line across the screen. In which case you will need to replace the field timebase chip and check other components in the vertical section
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия