electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
BUSSINESS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HVRcomputer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: BUSSINESS Reply with quote

We have a electronic service repair business for about 15 years but day by day is very difficult to survive here (Puerto Rico) because the price of the electronics is down and down. We represent a lot of brands like RCA, Sharp etc. but the stores give credit to the customers so we have no received job.

If you have a repair business, how do you survive in your country? I think this forum is a good place to interchange ideas to improve our business.

Thank you.
plamensl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The situation is very much the same here (in Bulgaria) - same new stores, which give credit, low prices and no one would like to have his equipment repaired - instead, he buys a new one.

I have no idea how to change that.
I could start a new topic for service technicians' business issues, where ideas can be exchanged on how to improve the situation, if there is interest.

Greeetings: Plamen
HVRCOMPUTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To survive, we include computer in our service and include sales. We buy damages TVs to the mega stores and sold in very low prices. But that no always.

Is a good idea to start a new topic for service technicians' business issues.
paris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
And in Greece the problem is the same.A 14'' tv cost 85Eur,a DVD 48-65Eur.A service of 20-30Eur is expensive for the customers.
(A transformer for TV cost about 18-25Eur.)
Barnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think best way to survive is to repair profesional equipment and buy/sel second hand test equipment and other devices for smal bisnes and amateurs.
Best, Smile
hvrcomputer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proffessional equipment like which?
nunes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: new bussiness Reply with quote

electronics has crept in to very nook and corner of the world.
whever ever you turn you can see electrical and electronic items instruments and equipments.

why stick to your tv bussiness, change and come out of it you find them every where in testing and measuring.

sebastian nunes
e-mail [email protected]
kasamiko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what are they doing we the damaged unit? Trashed it? That will be a big business in my country (Philippines). Many interprising individual with relatives in country like Hongkong, Korea, Japan, Taiwan are picking up slightly used or damaged appliances and send it here for repair and recondition and sell it half the price of the brand new unit..and making profit out of it!! In my place where BLACK AND WHITE TV are still being used..they are hotcakes!!
hvrcomputer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: business Reply with quote

In Puerto Rico a TV 13" cost $80.00 a tv 27" sell by Walmart cost $109 so a repair of $80.00 is too expensive. The people preffer to trash the equipment and buy a new one. To survive we represent a lot of manufacturers.
ibrium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weel Guys,
As you see, I'm talking from Brasil and the problem is the same here. But one thing is to remember; what we're do with the used trashed equipment? I sugest enter in the market of recicled PCBs and other electronics devices who had some kind of precios metals. There is a company in US who have a machine that do this.
Let´s talk about this.
By
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия