electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Viewsonic n4060w dead... x3!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDMeat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Viewsonic n4060w dead... x3! Reply with quote

I've got a total of 4 viewsonic n4060w LCD TVs in a quad wall setup. 3 died in 3 weeks, 2 within 2 days of each other! The symptom is I push the power button and the power LED flashes for a half sec and goes out.

After trying all the basics like new cables, different power source, different video source, letting the TV sit unplugged for hours, nothing works- it seems to have fried something the power circuitry or supply inside the TV.

Anyone have an idea? I'm not an EE but I know a few things and can take this sucker apart and provide more info (DVOM results) for a problem diagnosis.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Pete
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check CS22 and CS21 (1500mfd at 16volts) in the power supply to see if the tops are mushroomed up.
PDMeat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Viewsonic n4060w dead- bad PS leaking caps Reply with quote

CS19, 20, 21, 22, and 28 are all bulged and most are leaking slightly. I've seen worse on PCs but they definitely have issues.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get R done! Change them and you should be fine.
PDMeat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Viewsonic n4060w dead... x3! Reply with quote

Schweeeet. thanks for your help minnie!

Also, I found 1 power supply online (its like finding Elvis still alive) and I also came across a place that repairs power supplies.

I'll post back when I try the new PS and also if I send out and get the other two repaired and how they work.

FWIW there seems to be a lot of dead power supplies for viewsonic LCD TVs. Even on this site there was talk about the n3250. I have the same FSP power supply that those with the busted 3250s spoke of and had similar problems.

I called FSP and they are trying to locate some PS for me but they apparently don't keep any. Viewsonic won't even sell me one unless I have a warranty. I guess that says something about how well their PS are holding up. I smell a class action suit brewing...
Stan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Thanks for the help Reply with quote

Don't know if minnie is still around and will read this. I found this thread when my viewsonic N4060W died and I fixed it for under $10.00. Thanks for the info.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Steviee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the help Reply with quote

do you mind sharing how? I am having the same issue with my n4060w. it doesnt power on till i hold down the remote for a min or two. Minnie - do you happen to know the part number for the power supply. Thanks in advance guys. Misery does love company Smile
[quote="Stan"]Don't know if minnie is still around and will read this. I found this thread when my viewsonic N4060W died and I fixed it for under $10.00. Thanks for the info.[/quote]
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Viewsonic n4060w dead- bad PS leaking caps Reply with quote

PDMeat wrote:
CS19, 20, 21, 22, and 28 are all bulged and most are leaking slightly. I've seen worse on PCs but they definitely have issues.

This is what he replaced to fix it.
jayseeyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: viewsonic N4060W 'Power-On' woes Reply with quote

I have a N4060W that took 20-50 times of 'turning-on' the power for switching the TV on. Thanks to suggestions in this thread, I fixed it easily.
Had the capacitors CS22 and CS21 (1500uF / 16V) replaced and the TV is back to normal again! Thanks Minnie (and all)!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия